Tomorrow is May the Fourth…or better known as STAR WARS DAY! And select Disney Stores are celebrating with lots of new merchandise and fun filled activities.
Here’s a rundown of all the festivities:
Star Wars Opening Ceremony
- Tap into the Force to help with store openings!
Star Wars Adventures
- Share an adventure with BB-8 and Chewbacca as they train with the Resistance. Guests ages 3 and up are invited to participate in the following activities:
- Defense training against stormtroopers.
- Millennium Falcon flight training.
- Writing their name in Aurebesh.
The Art of Drawing: R2-D2 and BB-8
- Learn to draw Star Wars‘s greatest astromechs, R2-D2 and BB-8!
Story Time: Escape from Jakku
- Experience a special Star Wars story, featuring interactive elements.
In addition to these activities, Disney Store is also hosting special offers and new releases for Star Wars Day:
An exclusive BB-8 pin will be released on Star Wars Day, available for $8 with any purchase (regular price is $14.95).
- New items coming to Disney Store on Star Wars Day include:
- Star Wars T-shirts for the family: Princess Leia tee for women, Darth Vader tee for men, R2-D2 tee for girls, and a Yoda tee for boys.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Droid Gift Pack Elite Series Die Cast Action Figure Set
- Star Wars Legion 6” Special Edition Vinyl R2-D2 Helmet
- For 4-days only (starting Monday 5/1 and ending Thursday 5/4), Star Wars favorites start at $10.
Be sure to use the store locator to find a participating Disney Store.
May the 4th be with you!
According to WFTV 9, Disney has been surveying guests via a contracted third party for their input on a new Star Wars themed resort hotel and experience at Walt Disney World. The all-inclusive resort would offer guests the chance to sleep on a Star Wars Starship, stay in guest rooms with virtual windows, train with lightsabers, go on secret missions, and more.
The survey included concept art and many details about what this experience would be like. Wdwnt.com provided this additional information in an article today:
This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:
- The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
- Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
- Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters, live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
- Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
While staying aboard an all-inclusive luxury “starship” at Walt Disney World, guests will stay in luxury accommodations offering:
- All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
- Featured entertainment & dinner shows
- Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
- Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, ﬁtness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
As of right now, the experience would be priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.
Everything proposed is, of course, hypothetical at this point. Disney has not made any announcement regarding this theorized Star Wars hotel, however they did release the following statement, “We know our guests love all things in the world of Star Wars, and we’re continually exploring new ideas and gathering guest feedback as we develop plans to bring Star Wars to life at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Some of these ideas come to fruition, while many do not.”