Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is hosting a private bash on Clementine Beach where guests can ring in the new year with delectable sweets, a viewing of the Magic Kingdom park fireworks and a champagne toast at midnight.
This year you can ring in the New Year two different ways at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Reservations are available now for Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (recommended for families) and Disney Countdown to Midnight, including an option to purchase VIP access to the Ink and Paint Club (recommended for adults without kids). Both celebrations will feature entertainment, music, food and other refreshments, plus a viewing of the Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks to cap off the night. Here’s what else to expect at each party:
Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (8 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
This New Year’s Eve, welcome in 2019 with a festive, family-friendly frolic through some childhood joys during Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Sarge from Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story films will welcome you as you arrive at the second floor of the resort. Once inside, you will discover spaces that have been transformed with scenes from beloved Pixar movies.
Highlights of the evening include:
- Being enveloped in the worlds of various Disney•Pixar films, like “Inside Out,” “The Incredibles,” “Finding Nemo” and “Up,” including meeting some of your favorite characters.
- Kids’ activities, including Boot Camp with Sarge, Pixar Face Painting and a balloon artist creating favorite Pixar characters.
- An interactive DJ spinning Radio Disney hits from his Cars-inspired DJ Rig, complete with tires and road signs right out of Radiator Springs.
- A delicious buffet dinner, including Woody’s Favorite Lemon Thyme Chicken Breast, Wall-E’s Pan Seared Mahi-Mahi, Rex’s Manhattan Filet, Sulley’s Beast White Cheddar Baked Mac & Cheese, build-your-own salad options, desserts, kids’ favorites like chicken fingers and more.
- A viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $190 per person, including tax and gratuity. To purchase tickets, call (407) WDW-DINE.
Disney Countdown to Midnight (8 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
This New Year’s Eve, dress up and party during Disney Countdown to Midnight – an evening of dining, dancing and enchantment in the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Come discover a world sparkling with magic – everything from a Mickey Mouse mirror ball to Disney Character topiaries – as you move and groove to the high-energy New Year’s Bash Band and a live DJ providing music all night long.
Other highlights of the evening include:
- A “cheftainment” station featuring a seasonal menu inspired by some Disney Signature Dining restaurants – with a touch of Disney magic.
- A special appearance by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- At the end of the night, guests will be invited out to the porte cochère, where they will receive a Champagne flute and welcome 2019 with a viewing of the famous Magic Kingdom New Year’s Eve fireworks.
Tickets are $275, including tax and gratuity. To purchase tickets, call (407) WDW-DINE.
Ink and Paint Club experience (7 p.m.-12:15 a.m.)
Offered only as a VIP enhancement to the Disney Countdown to Midnight party and located adjacent to the Fantasia Ballroom at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, this special reception begins prior to the opening of the main event. At the Ink and Paint Club, guests will step back in time into a vintage Disney Animation-inspired room with silver Chiavari chairs, metallic tables and references to classic Disney Animation filling the room. Ticketed guests can visit the lounge throughout the evening, starting with a featured reception from 7-8 p.m.
Highlights of this special reception include:
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse with a unique Disney Animation backdrop.
- A pianist providing live entertainment.
- Chef stations featuring king crab, tuna tartare, sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi, cocktails, Champagne, cordials and more – all included with admission.
- Reserved seating in the Disney Countdown to Midnight Party when it opens at 8 p.m.
Disney Ink & Paint Club is only available as a part of an enhanced ticket that includes access to both the Disney Countdown to Midnight and the Ink & Paint Club for $450 total per guest. Access to Ink & Paint Club must be purchased concurrently with the Disney Countdown to Midnight ticket and cannot be added on at a later date. To purchase tickets, call (407) WDW-DINE.
A minimum age of 21 is required to attend this event. Guests arriving to The Edison Orlando are asked to adhere to our dress code. Men may wear slacks, jeans or dress shorts. No ball caps, sleeveless shirts or flip-flops are permitted. Jackets are optional.
Walt Disney World Resort is the place to count down to 2018 with dining extravaganzas, sparkling toasts, luminous fireworks and rocking New Year’s Eve parties throughout the vacation kingdom. These unforgettable events are filling up quickly and include special ticketed dinner galas, dance parties and more. Here’s the lineup of ways to ring in the New Year:
Magic Kingdom Park
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ‘til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney Countdown to Midnight – Guests will clink glasses at midnight after an unforgettable evening of live music and dancing in the Fantasia Ballroom. Taste buds will be celebrating, too, with savory bites and wine pairings from the California Grill, Flying Fish, Citrico’s and other signature Walt Disney World restaurants. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends will also join in the fun! Festivities begin at 8 p.m. on Dec. 31. Guests must be 18 years of age or older to attend. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience – This dining extravaganza brings New Orleans to Walt Disney World on New Year’s Eve. It’s a night filled with exquisite dishes, champagne toasts, and the ultimate viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks. Exclusive for guests 21 years of age or older. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (SOLD OUT) – A family-friendly celebration, Pixar Party immerses guests in the beloved Disney-Pixar films with lively music, a mouthwatering buffet, Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing, character meet-and-greet opportunities and more. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- California Grill New Year’s Eve Hollywood Hideaway (SOLD OUT) – Swing in the New Year with “stars and starlets” high in the sky at this cool and classy California Grill get-together. Schmooze the last hours of 2017 away at this “Rat Pack” inspired shindig where favorite Disney characters make a guest appearance and the evening caps off with spectacular views of Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ (SOLD OUT) – Mickey and friends invite guests to join in a rootin’ tootin’ celebration that includes a scrumptious unlimited BBQ feast. Bluegrass music and a DJ are sure to have everyone on their feet to ring in the New Year. The celebration begins at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 31.
Entertainment and offerings subject to change without notice.
If you haven’t made your plans yet for New Year’s Eve, you might want to consider celebrating the New Year in style at the Walt Disney World Resort. From dining to dancing to a family affair, there’s something for everyone.
Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Experience – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Calling all fine-dining aficionados: prepare to pamper your palate at an event you’ll remember for years to come! Ring in the new year in style with Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Dining Experience inspired by the New Orleans French Quarter and Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog.”
When you arrive at the Sorcerer’s Apprentice Ballroom of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, you’ll be surrounded by beautiful French Quarter-inspired décor and an array of stations that will immerse your senses in unique and extraordinary flavors, such as smoked salmon mousse cones and oyster beignets fried right before your eyes. Then, when dinner time finally approaches, you’ll be guided to a premier dining destination for the main course of the night where you’ll be welcomed by art-adorned walls with visions of New Orleans. Take in the rich scents and vibrant flavors as you enjoy herb-crusted Louisiana redfish, crayfish étouffé, Black Angus beef, braised short ribs and roast filet of beef with truffled celery root silk, all while enjoying the authentic sounds of a live jazz band. At the evening’s end, a spirited vocalist will join the band and bring the classic sounds of Disney’s “Princess and the Frog” by legendary composer Randy Newman to life. Soon after, you’ll be ushered to a private viewing area near the Porte Cochére, for champagne and the unforgettable sights of the world-famous Magic Kingdom Park fireworks to ring in the new year!
From beginning to end, this event is a beautiful way to welcome 2018 and it’s sure to be a night you’ll remember. Reserve your seats for this once-in-a-lifetime event today! Down in New Orleans – A Disney New Year’s Eve Experience will take place on December 31, 2017, from 7 p.m. to 12:15 a.m. at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and will feature restaurant-style reserved seating.
This event starts at 7:30 p.m., and is a premier event you won’t want to miss! For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
New Year’s Eve Bash at Atlantic Dance Hall – Disney’s BoardWalk
Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk invites you to ring in the new year with rockin’ music, tasty treats, high spirits and an enchanting dash of Disney magic. Dance the night away while you enjoy tasty treats such as soft pretzels, churros, and other sweet and salty snacks. In addition, you can celebrate the new year with complimentary party hats and horns, a view of the sensational Epcot fireworks, and a champagne toast at midnight.
Doors open at 9 p.m. and guests must be 21 years or older with valid ID to enter. For reservations, call (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.
Dinner and Dancing Under the Sea – Flying Fish at Disney’s BoardWalk
Kick off the new year at Flying Fish with Dinner and Dancing Under the Sea. Starting at 7 p.m., come enjoy a cocktail hour with scrumptious hor d’Oeurves and a gorgeous and delectable seafood display! Then take your seat for a spectacular family-style dinner spread with sustainable seafood offerings and accompaniments. You’ll also enjoy a complimentary character artist drawing throughout the night and the opportunity to dance all night long to the tunes of a live 3-piece jazz band, and at midnight, toast to the new year with champagne and a midnight celebration! Guests of this exclusive event will also have the opportunity to hop on over to the Atlantic Dance Hall to enjoy the Epcot fireworks and midnight festivities.
Guests must be 21 years or older with valid ID to enter. For reservations, call (407) 939-2398.
Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Join Mickey, Minnie and friends for a family-friendly barbecue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort as they celebrate the new year at Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ. During this special finger-licking, foot-stomping barbeque event, you’ll feast on mouth-watering items such as Bacon Jam Burger Sliders grilled on site, Wagon Wheel Mac’n’Cheese for the kiddos, and Mini S’mores served in Mason Jars!
In addition to this all-you-care-to-enjoy BBQ spread, you’ll get to enjoy the sounds of a live bluegrass band and a DJ. After dinner, cowpokes can mosey on over to the dance floor for line dancing led by Disney Friends! Then get ready to count down to midnight and watch the world-famous Magic Kingdom Park fireworks from a special viewing area.
How will you ring in 2018?