The thrilling Incredicoaster opens June 23, 2018, at Disney California Adventure Park, bringing guests the first ride-through attraction in the world to feature characters from Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles.” Anchoring the newly reimagined land of Pixar Pier, the Incredicoaster takes guests on a super adventure with the Parr family to capture the elusive baby Jack-Jack. Exciting character figures, special effects, lighting, new music and distinctively colored vehicles make the thrills on this coaster even more incredible.
Guests will step right into the world of “The Incredibles” as they discover they’ve been invited to the inaugural launch of the new Incredicoaster. In gratitude for their heroic efforts and incredible deeds, the citizens of Municiberg are dedicating their beloved roller coaster to the Incredibles. Of course the family of supers are attending – Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Violet, Dash and Jack- Jack – along with Edna Mode (exclusive super suit designer to the Incredibles).
With Edna and Jack-Jack being too short to ride the Incredicoaster, they have to wait for the rest of the Incredibles inside the VIP inauguration lounge. Things go awry, however, when the unpredictable Jack-Jack vanishes from Edna’s not-so-watchful eye. As a polymorph with a wild variety of powers, Jack-Jack creates chaos along the track while his Incredible family sprints into action to save the day.
Straight away, Dash sprints into action in an attempt to catch Jack-Jack, launching guests on the adventure with him. As the coaster zooms through the first tunnel, Jack-Jack shoots blue laser beams from his eyes and Dash uses his super speed to avoid being hit..
During the climb into the second tunnel, guests find that Elastigirl has jumped in to assist. Stretching herself flat against the tunnel walls, she reaches out with both arms in an attempt to grab her baby boy. Then the aroma of chocolate chip cookies wafts through the tunnel and, as the coaster plunges downward, guests see that Mr. Incredible has punched through the side of the tube holding a cookie to lure Jack-Jack out of another dimension.
In the third tunnel, guests find Jack-Jack joyfully aflame. Violet jumps in to save the Incredicoaster riders by shooting her purple force field up the tunnel, shielding guests from the raging fire. As the coaster zooms safely out of the tunnel, it sprints over a series of humps, and guests see a cluster of Jack-Jacks in mid-air, giggling and multiplying.
As riders circle through the final helix, they hear the voice of Edna Mode telling the family that Jack-Jack has returned to her, safe and sound. As the track straightens out, riders return to a chaotic and messy VIP lounge with one last surprise that guests are sure to enjoy.
Incredicoaster Fun Facts
- The Incredicoaster is super-fast – the fastest attraction at the Disneyland Resort
- The Incredicoaster zooms across more than 6,000 feet of track – almost 1 1/8 miles – making it the longest coaster at the Disneyland Resort
- As their vehicles prepare to launch, guests on the Incredicoaster experience a water effect. It’s the speedy Dash running across the water, setting up the storyline of the race to catch his little brother, Jack-Jack.
- Incredible, a.k.a. Elastigirl, appears in the second tube of the Incredicoaster, stretching herself 53 feet from head to toe as she tries to grab baby Jack-Jack.
- It took eight people to haul the Mr. Incredible figure up the coaster track to his final position on the Incredicoaster, in the second
- The super elusive baby Jack-Jack appears 19 times throughout the
- Music for the Incredicoaster was created by Academy Award-winning composer Michael Giacchino, who also scored the music for “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2” films. He also wrote original music, inspired by “The Incredibles,” for the queue area of the Incredicoaster.
- Artist Teddy Newton worked with Walt Disney Imagineers to create a mural for the Incredicoaster load area, the artwork on a wall of Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums kiosk, and the arch at the entry of Incredibles Park, one of four neighborhoods in Pixar Pier. These designs feature a bold, abstract, hyper-colored style to contrast with the monotones of the mid-century modern architecture in the rest of the neighborhood. Newton was a character designer on “The Incredibles”
Today Disney revealed the trains for the new Incredicoaster which is set to make its debut this summer when Pixar Pier opens to guests at Disney California Adventure park.
According to Disney, Imagineers have been putting the final details on the new trains, which will take you on a thrilling race alongside “The Incredibles.”
The Incredicoaster will glide around Pixar Pier on steel tracks that cover a distance of almost 1-1/8 miles—the longest and fastest roller coaster at the Disneyland Resort. The attraction will feature a super combination of character figures, lighting, music and special effects, bringing all the action of “The Incredibles” to life!
Pixar Pier officially opens June 23, 2018 at Disney California Adventure park at the Disneyland Resort.
The wonderful worlds of Pixar will get a new home at Disney California Adventure Park when Pixar Pier opens in summer 2018, transforming the area that is now Paradise Pier with the thrilling, new Incredicoaster, four new imaginative neighborhoods, plus entertainment, themed food and beverage, and merchandise. Guests will experience Pixar stories and characters in incredible new ways on this seaside waterfront at the Disneyland Resort.
Pixar Pier, a permanent land along the southern shore of Paradise Bay, will debut during Pixar Fest, a limited-time event that begins April 13, 2018. As a new land, Pixar Pier will introduce the exciting new Incredicoaster plus four whimsical neighborhoods where guests step into beloved Pixar stories.
The first neighborhood is inspired by Disney·Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and it will open in summer 2018 with the Incredicoaster. Permanently transformed from the attraction that is now California Screamin’, Incredicoaster will invite guests into a mid-century-modern-style loading area where they board vehicles with a distinctive, new look. New character moments, new scenes and special effects, and an exciting musical score will connect the attraction’s story to Pixar’s “The Incredibles 2,” which opens in theaters June 14, 2018.
The neighborhood inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” will be developed around the popular Toy Story Mania! attraction. Another new neighborhood, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out,” will debut a new family-friendly attraction that’s scheduled to open at a later date.
A fourth new neighborhood will celebrate a collection of guest-favorite Pixar stories. Mickey’s Fun Wheel will be themed with a new look and each of the 24 gondolas will showcase a different Pixar character. The iconic face of Mickey Mouse will continue to beam happiness across the Paradise Bay side of the wheel. At the Games of the Boardwalk, which currently includes a game called Bullseye Stallion Stampede, guests will find that all the midway games will be inspired by Pixar characters. New games are expected to include characters from “A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” and “WALL·E.”
To prepare for these big changes, several attractions will close Jan. 8: California Screamin’, Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Games of the Boardwalk and Sideshow Shirts.
Ariel’s Grotto restaurant and the Cove Bar will be transformed into a Pixar-themed lounge offering sparkling views of Paradise Bay and the new Pixar Pier. Ariel’s Grotto and Cove Bar will close Jan. 8, with Cove Bar reopening briefly in April before its permanent transformation. Guests wishing to reserve “World of Color” dining packages after Jan. 7 may consider Carthay Circle Restaurant or Wine Country Trattoria.
The remaining areas of the original Paradise Pier – including Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumping Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – will become a new land called Paradise Park.
The opening of Pixar Pier will add to the fun of Pixar Fest, a celebration of friendship that begins April 13, 2018. Pixar Fest will include the new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular;” the return of “Pixar Play Parade,” appearing for the first time at Disneyland Park; the return of “Paint the Night,” performing this time at Disney California Adventure, and new elements added to each of those parades. In addition, guests will find friends from Disney•Pixar films, creatively themed food and beverage items and merchandise that’s exclusive to Pixar Fest.
All of these exciting changes add to the existing attractions and entertainment that feature many favorite Pixar characters and stories:
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- “World of Color”: Characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up” and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land invites guests to move to the music.