Today Disney announced some new details for Terralina Crafted Italian coming to Disney Springs early next year. This restaurant will take over the space previously occupied by Portobello Country Italian Trattoria and is expected to transport guests to “la dolce vita,” (the sweet life) essence of the spectacular Lake District of Northern Italy.
“The story here is of a first-generation Italian family, from the Lake District, who built a home in Disney Springs, expanding it over the years to welcome more friends and neighbors to enjoy their hospitality, and, of course, food! At Terralina Crafted Italian, every detail supports the philosophy that ‘life is meant to be savored through the simplest of pleasures.’ The table is even set that way … ready for good conversations, storytelling and moments to be enjoyed,” states Alison Weber, Chief Creative Officer for Levy.
According to Disney, an open rotunda will welcome guests with a rustic stone fireplace, a new outdoor patio with a veranda bar that spills out into the Disney Springs promenade, and a two-story glass conservatory that showcases stunning views of Lake Buena Vista, every element of the décor feels fresh and new. There will even be an herb garden outside the front doors, giving a nod to the medley of flavors that are waiting to be discovered inside and the curated collection of family photos and vintage heirlooms that are scattered throughout the space.
Terralina Crafted Italian will open in early 2018 with James Beard Award-winning Chef Tony Mantuano returning from Portobello to curate the new menu, and Chef Justin Plank will be back to run the kitchen. Stay tuned for more details.
If you will be visiting Walt Disney World Resort this Christmas and are looking for a place to attend religious services, you can head over to Disney’s Contemporary Resort on Christmas morning where they will be offering two different services.
A Catholic Mass will take place in the Fantasia Ballroom at 8:00am and 10:30am on December 25. There will also be a Protestant service in the Fantasia Ballroom at 9:15am.
Parking at the resort will be extremely limited so Disney guests wishing to attend one of these services should use the monorail or take Disney bus transportation to the Magic Kingdom and walk or take the designated shuttle to Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Transportation is scheduled to begin at 7am.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom is now sold out for December 17 and 22, 2017.
Remaining party dates available are:
- December 14, 15, 19, and 21
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is one of the most magical ways to celebrate the holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort. This special ticketed event is held on select nights at Magic Kingdom and allows guests to enjoy festive decorations, photo opportunities, holiday entertainment, snow on Main Street, U.S.A., and so much more!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party takes place from 7pm to midnight although party ticket holders may enter the park as early as 4 p.m. to enjoy regular park offerings.
The party also offers guests a chance to snack on complimentary hot cocoa and cookies, enjoy party exclusive character greetings (and photos!), as well as pick up event-exclusive merchandise and holiday treats.
For more information and to purchase tickets for this after-hours spectacular, visit Disneyworld.com/Christmasparty.
Walt Disney World Resort is the place to count down to 2018 with dining extravaganzas, sparkling toasts, luminous fireworks and rocking New Year’s Eve parties throughout the vacation kingdom. These unforgettable events are filling up quickly and include special ticketed dinner galas, dance parties and more. Here’s the lineup of ways to ring in the New Year:
Magic Kingdom Park
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ‘til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney Countdown to Midnight – Guests will clink glasses at midnight after an unforgettable evening of live music and dancing in the Fantasia Ballroom. Taste buds will be celebrating, too, with savory bites and wine pairings from the California Grill, Flying Fish, Citrico’s and other signature Walt Disney World restaurants. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends will also join in the fun! Festivities begin at 8 p.m. on Dec. 31. Guests must be 18 years of age or older to attend. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience – This dining extravaganza brings New Orleans to Walt Disney World on New Year’s Eve. It’s a night filled with exquisite dishes, champagne toasts, and the ultimate viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks. Exclusive for guests 21 years of age or older. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (SOLD OUT) – A family-friendly celebration, Pixar Party immerses guests in the beloved Disney-Pixar films with lively music, a mouthwatering buffet, Magic Kingdom fireworks viewing, character meet-and-greet opportunities and more. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- California Grill New Year’s Eve Hollywood Hideaway (SOLD OUT) – Swing in the New Year with “stars and starlets” high in the sky at this cool and classy California Grill get-together. Schmooze the last hours of 2017 away at this “Rat Pack” inspired shindig where favorite Disney characters make a guest appearance and the evening caps off with spectacular views of Magic Kingdom fireworks.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ (SOLD OUT) – Mickey and friends invite guests to join in a rootin’ tootin’ celebration that includes a scrumptious unlimited BBQ feast. Bluegrass music and a DJ are sure to have everyone on their feet to ring in the New Year. The celebration begins at 7:30 p.m. on Dec. 31.
Entertainment and offerings subject to change without notice.