Here is a list of current and upcoming refurbishments/closings scheduled at Walt Disney World Resort for the month of August 2017.
- Hall of Presidents 1/17/2017 – Late 2017
- Liberty Square Riverboat 8/1/2017 – 8/10/2017
- Splash Mountain 8/28/2017 – 11/16/2017
- Circle of Life now – TBD
- Coral Reef Restaurant 8/27/2017 – 8/29/2017
- Mission:SPACE 6/5/2017 – 8/12/2017
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure- closing permanently 8/13/2017
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- The Great Movie Ride – closing permanently 8/13/2017
- Muppet Vision 3D 7/28/2017 – 8/2/2017
- Marketplace Fun Finds 7/24/2017 – 8/2/2017
- Portobello Country Italian Trattoria transitioning to Terralina Crafted Italian 4/24/2017 – Fall 2017
- Wolfgang Puck Grand Café permanently closing 8/1/2017
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Expansion of convention center 8/4/2016 – 2/1/2018
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters, Cabana Pool Bar, Calypso Trading Post – 5/1/2017 – 6/30/2018
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort hard goods refurbishment 11/2016 – 2017
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort Hard Good Refurbishment 2/4/2017 – 5/7/2018
- Disney’s Yacht Club – Captain’s Grille (becoming Ale & Compass Restaurant) moving to Ariel’s 5/15/2017 – October 2017; expansion of convention center 8/4/2016 – 2/1/2018
For a complete list of current and upcoming refurbishments at Walt Disney World, please visit our refurbishment page.
Muppet Vision 3D at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has closed for unexpected maintenance through August 2. The attraction is expected to reopen on Wednesday, August 3.
Guests who have a FastPass for Muppet Vision 3D will be able to select another attraction through My Disney Experience.
For a complete list of current and upcoming refurbishments at Walt Disney World Resort, please visit our refurbishment page.
On July 29, guests can experience an all-new event at Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park based on the mobile game which allows you to make new friends and embark on new adventures together.
During the Club Penguin Island event, you will have the chance to participate in lots of Club Penguin Island-themed activities such as a penguin splash competition in the Ski Patrol area, coloring contests, a ‘snowball’ toss with water balloons, and much more!
If you don’t have the Club Penguin Island app, you can get started by clicking here to download on a mobile device. Club Penguin Island is available for a $4.99 monthly membership subscription on the App Store or on Google Play.
There are a couple of character changes coming in the near future to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Tarzan will make his last appearance in the park on September 30, 2017. Timon from The Lion King will take Tarzan’s place on Discovery Island beginning October 1, 2017.
Be sure to check the Times Guide during your visit for exact character meeting times.
Those of you who have missed Mission: Space since the attraction closed in June for refurbishment, will be excited to hear it is go for launch on August 13, 2017!
When Mission: Space reopens, it will debut a brand new experience and an enhanced version of the “classic” Mission: SPACE.
- If you think you’ve got “the right stuff,” take on the Orange Mission for a truly intense experience that lets you feel the force of an actual space launch en route to Mars. On this mission, you’ll dodge meteoroids, slingshot around the moon and attempt a precision landing on the Red Planet’s alien surface. This “mission” has been enhanced with new, HD video to make it even clearer.
- Or, embark on the more family-friendly Green Mission – a new mission that takes you on an exciting orbit around Earth. On this amazing new adventure, you’ll take in sites like the Hawaiian Islands, Italy’s “boot” and the Northern Lights—as seen from space, of course—before finally landing at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. No matter which mission you choose, it’ll be a journey that’s totally out of this world.
In addition to all the “mission” updates, our partners at Walt Disney Imagineering have also made this attraction MORE family-friendly. Younger astronauts can now ride – the height restriction will be changed for the Green Mission side with the addition of new X-2 booster seats allowing children 40-44” to ride.
Stay tuned for more details!