We are just days away from the opening of Solo: A Star Wars Story which hits theaters May 25, 2018.Guests visiting Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts will be able to find a variety of merchandise inspired by this all-new adventure exclusive for Disney Parks. Let’s take a look!
“Guests of all ages can celebrate beloved characters and new adventures from this highly-anticipated film with a fantastic cross-category assortment of products, several of which were created especially for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts,” explained Cody Hampton, Senior Merchandiser with Merchandise Strategy and New Park Experiences Development.
A Droid Factory action figure set contains astromechs seen in the upcoming motion picture. This set complements the build-your-own-droid experiences currently offered in select Disney Parks’ locations, where guests can mix and match droid parts to create action figures from the 3.75-inch line.
From playful graphic T-shirts to a baseball cap, adults and kids will find a galaxy of stylish apparel and accessories featuring characters and images from the film.
Several products, such as the throwback track-style jackets, were designed for Star Wars-loving couples. They join a mix of other companion-themed merchandise such as hats and T-shirts found only at Disney Parks.
Guests can make pin trading an adventure during a Disney vacation with new individual pins, pin sets and trading accessories. These must-have, character-inspired designs are easy to display on themed lanyards, hats or jackets.
Rounding out the Disney Parks-specific collection are two new retail MagicBands to join the lineup of innovative wearables at Walt Disney World Resort. An open edition MagicBand features Han Solo and his mighty future copilot Chewbacca, while a limited release MagicBand includes notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.
Star Wars: Galactic Nights returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 27, 2018, and offers Star Wars fans the ultimate party with out-of-this-world entertainment, special photo opportunities, themed food and beverage offerings and event-exclusive merchandise.
Today Disney unveiled the experts who are lined up to appear at this year’s “Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” panel discussion. Actor David Collins is hosting the panel with members of the Walt Disney Imagineering team. During this fascinating sneak peek, attendees will find out what it’s like to bring the epic Star Wars universe to life at Disney Parks. You’ll learn about the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge design and development progress, including new details about the land and how Imagineers are creating real-life versions of iconic Star Wars elements.
Attend the “Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” panel discussion and you’ll be among the first to…
- See new photos of the land’s progress, including construction updates
- Learn more details about the planet Batuu
- Plus, other special surprises!
On tap to appear at this event are:
- Scott Trowbridge, Portfolio Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering – A global creative leader, Scott oversees the strategic concept development and production of the Star Wars franchise at Disney Parks, a first-of-its-kind franchise-based portfolio. He also oversees Star Wars content across all lines of business at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, including merchandise, food & beverage, marketing and operations.
- Eric Baker, Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering – As a Creative Director for Walt Disney Imagineering, Eric is responsible for creating and developing stories and places for Disney theme parks and other Disney venues, as well as the implementation to bring these stories to life, from props to creatures. Some of Eric’s past projects include Tortuga Tavern, the extended Haunted Mansion queue and Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
- Jon Georges, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering – With over 30 years of experience at Walt Disney Imagineering, Jon has produced many projects around the world, including the recent updates to Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park. Currently, Jon is producing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Margaret Kerrison, Managing Story Editor, Walt Disney Imagineering – Margaret is responsible for the overall story direction in the Star Wars portfolio and guides and manages Star Wars-related story initiatives throughout all Disney lands, resorts, and attractions. To create an authentic, compelling, and interconnected galaxy, she works collaboratively with other Imagineers and the Lucasfilm story team. Margaret has also worked on projects including Hyperspace Mountain in Disneyland, and Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Fan-favorite Star Wars actor Warwick Davis will also return as the official Galactic Nights event host. Join Warwick at various appearances throughout the night including a special introduction to the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge panel. An established film and television actor, Davis is known for his role as Wicket the Ewok in Return of the Jedi, plus other Lucasfilm roles in Ewoks: Battle for Endor and Caravan of Courage. He recently played Wollivan in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, appeared in Star Wars: The Last Jedi and will appear in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Guests can also receive the final set of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge trading cards at the end of the evening as they exit the park.
Star Wars: Galactic Nights tickets cost $129, plus tax for adults and $124, plus tax for children ages 3-9. Tickets can be purchased here.
For more information, please visit WaltDisneyWorld.com.
Join the stars and creators of the highly-anticipated Solo: A Star Wars Story red carpet live stream, presented by NISSAN!
Visit StarWars.com on May 10 at 5 p.m. PT for exclusive red carpet coverage and interviews when The Star Wars Show broadcasts live from the world premiere of Solo: A Star Wars Story in Los Angeles. Join your hosts, The Star Wars Show‘s Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni, for this special event as they interview the creators and stars of Solo: A Star Wars Story, as well as other very special guests.
Solo: A Star Wars Story hits theaters May 25, 2018.