Today in a post on Disney Parks Blog, Disney confirmed that “a bug’s land” at Disney California Adventure park will permanently close on September 4, 2018.
Back in March, Disneyland Resort announced the area would be transformed into a Super Hero themed Land which is set to open in 2020.
Flik’s Flyers from “a bug’s land” will remain, however the attraction will be reimagined into Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind which will open in Pixar Pier in 2019.
Solo: A Star Wars Story will arrive home Digitally on September 14 and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 25.
Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Academy Award–winning filmmaker Ron Howard, will be available to watch instantly on Sept. 14 as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and on Movies Anywhere, and you can bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 25.
Relive the Kessel Run and reunite with Han, Chewbacca, and the crew in this fun-filled galactic heist starring Alden Ehrenreich as the beloved scoundrel, Joonas Suotamo as his furry co-pilot, and Donald Glover as the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, plus Emilia Clarke as Qi’ra and Woody Harrelson as Beckett.
The new home release is packed with bonus content that takes fans behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan and Lawrence Kasdan, a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han, and several never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes. The full list includes*:
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable — Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie — See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan — Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon –Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia — Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist — Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 — Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run –Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park — In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
- And Deleted Scenes:
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer. Click here for more information.
This is an adventure you won’t want to miss.
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 135 min.
RATING: PG-13 in U.S. (Bonus Material Not Rated); PG in CE and G in CF
ASPECT RATIO: 2.39:1
PRODUCT OFFERINGS: Digital 4K UHD (Select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD; 4K UHD Multi Screen Edition (4K UHD + BD + Digital Code); Blu-ray (BD + Digital Code) Feature Film; DVD, On Demand
4K UHD BD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Digital 4K UHD: English Dolby Atmos (for some clients), English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
Digital HD/SD: English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
4K UHD: English SDH, Cantonese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese for English, French-Canadian
Blu-ray: English SDH, French & Spanish
DVD: English SDH, French & Spanish
4K UHD/HD/SD Digital: English SDH, French & Spanish
CLOSED CAPTIONS: English (DVD & Digital)
For more on Solo: A Star Wars Story, check out StarWars.com for insights from the cast and crew, an interview with screenwriters Lawrence and Jonathan Kasdan, a three-part behind-the-scenes look at designing the world of the film, and so much more.
Have you seen the new Peter Pan Ice Cream Float at Magic Kingdom park? This sweet treat features key lime ice cream, lemon-lime soda, and a chocolate “feather”. Cost is $5.49. You can find the Peter Pan Float at Storybook Treats which is located in Fantasyland.
Storybook Treats serves hot fudge sundaes, soft-serve ice cream, floats and hot and cold beverages. You can view the complete menu here.
The Lighthouse Sandwich has returned to Columbia Harbour House at Magic Kingdom. This sandwich is a nice vegetarian option for guests and features Hummus with Tomato and Broccoli Slaw served on Toasted Multigrain Bread with House-made Potato Chips . Cost is $10.69.
Columbia Harbour House is a quick service restaurant located in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom park. They serve fried fish, shrimp or chicken baskets, lobster rolls, New England clam chowder, grilled salmon, vegetarian chili and salads for lunch and dinner. You can view the complete menu here.