Reservations for nine extremely popular Epcot Signature Dining Events during the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will open Thursday, June 14. Each festival event offers an exclusive, immersive and tasty dining experience at a World Showcase restaurant.
- Mexican Tequila Lunch – La Hacienda de San Angel, Mexico Pavilion
- Italian Food, Wine Vs. Beer Pairing at Via Napoli – Via Napoli, Italy Pavilion
- Italian Regional Food & Wine Pairing Luncheon – Tutto Gusto, Italy Pavilion
- Parisian Breakfast – Chefs de France, France Pavilion
- French Family Meal Traditions – Monsieur Paul, France Pavilion
- The Parisian Afternoon, Sandwiches, Macarons and Bubbles! – Monsieur Paul, France Pavilion
- The “Hibachi” Experience: Iron Chef – Teppan Edo, Japan Pavilion
- Tokyo Pairing – Tokyo Dining, Japan Pavilion
- Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing – Spice Road Table, Morocco Pavilion
Get more details at EpcotFoodFestival.com, or call 407-939-3378. Disney Vacation Club Members may call Member Services at (800) 900-9800.
Morimoto Asia and The Polite Pig at Disney Springs will present “Pigs + Pints” on June 24, 2018 featuring a mix of Pan-Asian and Southern-inspired dishes. During this ticketed event, Chefs Yuhi Fajinaga, James Petrakis and Julie Petrakis will present a wide variety of family-friendly fusion dishes that bridge Asia and the American South. In addition, guests ages 21 and up can enjoy craft brews from nearby breweries.
Menu items include Pork cheek tamales, Dim Sum Dogs (gyoza sausage with fried bao bun), Florida peach glazed pork belly satay with spicy peanut sauce, Pork Skirt Steak Yakiniku Tacos, and house-cured charcuterie which will be served throughout the second floor of Morimoto Asia, while a whole roasted pig will be sliced and served to guests on the upstairs patio overlooking Disney Springs.
With a focus on locally-sourced ingredients, guests will have the chance to meet the farmers from Frog Song Organics and Palmetto Creek Farms, along with representatives from local breweries including Cask & Larder, Coppertail, Crooked Can Brewing Co., Red Cypress and Red Light Red Light.
Pigs and Pints takes place on Sunday, June 24, 2018 from 12 – 3 p.m. and tickets can be purchased in advance here for $55 plus tax and gratuity; children 12 and under are $25.
Fireworks are synonymous with the Fourth of July and Walt Disney World Resort, and on Independence Day 2018, Disney theme parks will offer guests a bevy of booming delights.
Nighttime “wows” for the holiday include:
Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky
Fireworks will soar above Magic Kingdom Park while the air swells with patriotic melodies. The two-nights-only show starts at 9:15 p.m. on July 3 and July 4.
Also at Magic Kingdom Park:
- DJs will host dance parties in Frontierland and Tomorrowland on July 3 and July 4.
- The Muppets Present…Great Moments in American History: Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie Bear and friends reenact famous moments in American history – as only they can. The live show is performed daily in Liberty Square.
FUN FACT: The Liberty Bell in Liberty Square is a replica cast from the same mold of the original in Philadelphia; it was placed in Magic Kingdom Park in recognition of the bicentennial of the United States Constitution in 1987.
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
The perennial “kiss goodnight” at Epcot will include a special fireworks finale that paints the sky red, white and blue. The spectacular begins at 9 p.m. on July 4.
Also at Epcot:
- The Voices of Liberty a cappella group will perform traditional Americana songs on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m.
- Disney Characters dressed in Independence Day attire will meet guests during the day at The American Adventure.
FUN FACT: More than 26,000 feet of lights outline the Epcot World Showcase pavilions that play a role in “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.”
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
Fireworks are just one portion of this immersive nighttime experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Adding state-of-the-art projection effects, dynamic lighting and lasers, the show transports guests to a galaxy far, far away and into iconic scenes from the Star Wars saga. This one-of-a-kind “wow” begins at 10 p.m. on July 4.
FUN FACT: The show now includes an all-new sequence from “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
Select theme parks and resorts will offer exclusive dessert items in honor of Independence Day. Examples include:
- A Fourth of July cupcake featuring an apple-pie filling at Creature Comforts and Isles of Java at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- A sparkly red-white-and-blue coconut macaroon dipped in white chocolate at BoardWalk Bakery at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort.
- Patriotic dipped strawberries and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse mini-domes at Amorette’s at Disney Springs.
The Fourth at the Fort
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will offer several special events around the Fourth of July holiday:
- The Fourth of July 5K Run will take place Tuesday, July 3. Pre-registration is available June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. On-site registration begins at 7 a.m. in the field next to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ; the run begins from that location at 7:30 a.m.
- The Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade begins at 4 p.m. on July 4. Registration will be open June 24-30 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn.
- The Fourth of July Beach Bash at Clementine’s Beach will take place from 6-11 p.m. on July 4. Guests will enjoy a live DJ, dancing, games, contests, a movie, and more. In addition, the Fort Wilderness food truck will be available in the settlement area with delicious items for purchase.
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War surpassed the $2 billion mark at the global box office yesterday in its 48th day of release. It’s just the fourth film in industry history to reach this milestone, the third to do so in its initial run, and the second to do so from The Walt Disney Studios (joining Star Wars: The Force Awakens).
Domestically, Avengers: Infinity War stands as the fifth highest-grossing film of all time with $656.1 million through June 11, 2018. It holds the record for biggest domestic debut ever with $257.7 million in its opening weekend. It was the No. 1 film for three consecutive weeks and remains in the top five.
Internationally, it is the third highest-grossing release ever with $1.346 billion. Its domestic and international debuts over the April 27 weekend combined for a record-shattering global opening of $640.5 million even without China. The film opened to a massive $199.3 million in China two weeks after the global debut and has gone on to become the third biggest western release ever in the country with $369.7 million to date.