Ale & Compass at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort have released reservations beginning on Thanksgiving Day. In addition, Ale & Compass Restaurant is one of the featured restaurants included in the Candlelight Processional Dining Package, which includes a 3-course meal and guaranteed priority seating at Candlelight Processional.
Minnie Van Transportation Service has expanded to Disney’s Old Key West Resort at Walt Disney World.
In case you aren’t familiar, the Minnie Van Service is a collaboration with Lyft, allowing guests at Walt Disney World to arrange their own private Disney vehicle right from the Lyft app on their smartphone. With Minnie Van Service, Disney cast members will drive you to wherever you want to be at Walt Disney World Resort. This service accommodates up to six guests and provides two versatile car seats so even the tiniest of passengers can travel in style! The cost is $20 for a one way trip.
To use this service, simply visit the front desk at a participating resort to activate the Minnie Van Service through the Lyft app.
Below are the Disney hotels who currently use the Minnie Van Service:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Boardwalk Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club
Disneyland Resort will bring its biggest Lunar New Year celebration yet to Disney California Adventure Park, Friday, Jan. 26 to Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018. To commemorate the Year of the Dog, guests will experience more Lunar New Year fun than ever before as the celebration expands to 24 days full of multicultural performances, fun-filled activities, beautiful décor, delicious cuisine and themed merchandise to celebrate the start of a new year.
Guests at the Lunar New Year festivities will discover plenty of Disney magic as they experience Asian culture through inspired food, music and entertainment with their family and friends. Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year. Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure will include:
- God of Good Fortune Goofy and Pluto greet guests at the Disneyland Resort Lunar New Year celebration, along with pals Mickey, Minnie, Mulan and Mushu, all dressed in their Lunar New Year attire
- “Hurry Home—Lunar New Year Celebration,” the heartwarming nighttime water show at Paradise Bay prior to “World of Color” which tells the tale of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a magical celebration hosted by Mulan and Mushu that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship
- Three Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, as well as a special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill
- Live, daily performances with authentic musicians, and an area for guests to try their hand at arts and crafts with local artisans
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful future
- Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia
- Special items all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort, including traditional red envelopes for gift-giving, Mickey Mouse plush, Minnie Mouse snow globes and a limited-edition pin
- Commemorative items featuring special Lunar New Year designs, including adult tees and hoodies
For a limited time, guests of the Disneyland Resort will celebrate the lively and colorful traditions of Lunar New Year, only at Disney California Adventure. Guests may check for daily entertainment schedules as they become available, at Disneyland.com/LunarNewYear.
The Atlanta Braves have announced their spring training schedule at Walt Disney World Resort. The braves will play 18 games at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex beginning February 26, 2018.
Disney character appearances and special moments such as kids running the bases after every game are just some of the many in-game entertainment opportunities that make Braves spring training at Disney a grand slam.
Spring training game tickets go on sale Dec. 11 at www.espnwwos.com/braves, through Ticketmaster outlets 800-745-3000 and at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Box Office.
For more information, please visit espnwwos.com/braves.