“Cars” is celebrating the summer release of its third film installment with a nationwide tour which kicked off March 23 at Disney Springs and is now making its way to Disneyland Resort. “Road to the Races” will arrive at the Downtown Disney District on June 12 & 13 and provide family fun activities, a sneak peek of the film itself, and fun photo opportunities with three life-size character cars of Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez and Jackson Storm.
Here’s a glimpse at what you’ll experience during the “Road to the Races” tour:
- A giant color mural sponsored by Alamo Rent A Car
- An interactive racer pit crew tire-changing activity and photo opportunity with Coppertone
- A Piston Cup prize wheel with prizes and digital postcard sponsored by Crest + Oral-B
- Sample high-octane smoothies at the Dole Refueling Station
- An interactive play area with Mattel
- An opportunity to learn about the history and science behind NASCAR
The tour, located near ESPN Zone and Rainforest Café, will be open on Monday, June 12 and Tuesday, June 13, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Disney Pixar’s “Cars 3” races into theaters June 16, 2017.