Today, Adventures by Disney announced its newest destination in 2018…Iceland! The 8-day, 7-night vacation will whisk you from Reykjavik and the Golden Circle in the South to Akureyri and Lake Mývatn in the North. Prepare to take in the most beautiful, scenic landscapes, majestic waterfalls, massive glaciers, stunning volcanos and more.
Here’s all the details from Disney:
Adventure Through the Land of Fire and Ice
In 2018, travelers will navigate the diverse landscapes of Iceland, exploring the natural wonders of majestic waterfalls, massive glaciers and stunning volcanos. Rich Icelandic culture and unparalleled natural beauty join forces on this new 8-day, 7-night vacation.
- Experience the splendor of Iceland’s Golden Circle with visits to the iconic Thingvellir National Park, Goðafoss waterfall and Kerið crater.
- Unwind, relax and indulge at the soothing Blue Lagoon and Mývatn Nature Baths.
- Come face-to-face with magnificent glaciers on a scenic cruise, and hike on the massive icecaps themselves.
- Trot through the scenic countryside on Icelandic horses.
- Embark on a humpback whale-watching expedition, capturing the experience in your mind’s eye and your camera’s lens.
- Savor unique culinary experiences and the stories behind them, such as learning to make bread baked using geothermal heat, and discovering the secret to Iceland’s traditional smoking process.
- Embark on a whitewater rafting adventure through the glacial river of Skagafjörður.
- Hike along, and even behind, some of the region’s most captivating waterfalls, including Seljalandsfoss and Goðafoss.
- Journey to the past while being immersed in rich Icelandic Viking heritage and exploring traditional turf houses.
“We’re excited to offer travelers the opportunity to explore the incredibly popular destination of Iceland in uniquely enriching ways,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “With Adventures by Disney, families can experience this beautiful country, it’s iconic sights and cultural destinations like never before during a completely hassle-free vacation experience. Disney storytelling, engaging, active experiences and breathtaking natural wonders combine to make this one of our most remarkable itineraries to date.”
Discover Iconic Cities and Hidden Gems in Germany, Costa Rica and Ireland
Other popular destinations have also undergone itinerary revisions and additions for 2018. Enhancements to the Germany, Costa Rica and Ireland vacations focus on further enriching an already robust lineup of authentic experiences and local storytelling. Highlights of the reimagined Germany itinerary introduce first-ever experiences centered in Berlin, Ireland adds cultural activities such as learning the ancient sport of hurling, and Costa Rica takes travelers on explorations through the hidden gem of Caño Negro. These additions are sure to surprise and delight even the most seasoned travelers.
Travelers will also see an increase in departure date options for North American vacation offerings from Adventures by Disney in 2018, solidifying the company’s focus on making it easy for families to explore the American “Great Outdoors” together.
Bookings for all 2018 vacations open May 19, 2017. Call 1-800-543-0865 or contact a travel agent to book. For more information on the itineraries offered and activities included on an Adventures by Disney vacation, visit AdventuresByDisney.com.