According to WFTV 9, Disney has been surveying guests via a contracted third party for their input on a new Star Wars themed resort hotel and experience at Walt Disney World. The all-inclusive resort would offer guests the chance to sleep on a Star Wars Starship, stay in guest rooms with virtual windows, train with lightsabers, go on secret missions, and more.
The survey included concept art and many details about what this experience would be like. Wdwnt.com provided this additional information in an article today:
This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:
- The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
- Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
- Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters, live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
- Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
While staying aboard an all-inclusive luxury “starship” at Walt Disney World, guests will stay in luxury accommodations offering:
- All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
- Featured entertainment & dinner shows
- Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
- Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, ﬁtness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
As of right now, the experience would be priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.
Everything proposed is, of course, hypothetical at this point. Disney has not made any announcement regarding this theorized Star Wars hotel, however they did release the following statement, “We know our guests love all things in the world of Star Wars, and we’re continually exploring new ideas and gathering guest feedback as we develop plans to bring Star Wars to life at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Some of these ideas come to fruition, while many do not.”